I suggest you ...

Search for text

I would like to be able to search for text with the book as a minimum. A global search across the whole library would also be useful as an option when trying to find all books that contain the search word or phrase.

155 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

9 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Sanjay MehtaSanjay Mehta commented  · 

Well, it's been a year. Any luck with search?

I still use Bookle but it's getting hard with my buddies pointing and laughing whilst merrily searching using other tools which I shall not advertise here.

• Adam EngstAdminAdam Engst (Minor Functionary, Bookle) commented  · 

Believe me, I feel your pain every time I want to look for something in a book as well. All I can say is that it is very high on the list - the trick is getting the list done. :-(

• Sanjay MehtaSanjay Mehta commented  · 

I'm very disappointed that this highly ranked feature doesn't seem to have any traction since Feb. 2012. I've been using Bookle regularly since I bought it, and the absence of this feature ticks me off no end EVERY day.

It's come to the point where colleagues come over to my desk to find out why I'm muttering voodoo curses under my breath. And sometimes not under my breath.

• TommyTommy commented  · 

Will download pdf versions until search implemented

• Lloyd SargentLloyd Sargent commented  · 

I would like to buy Bookle, but the lack of a search function has prevented me from doing so. The primary reason I buy ebooks is that many technical authors do a poor to rotten job of creating a TOC and index.

I currently own a copy of Keyboard Maestro which is awesome, so my hope is that the search function will be given higher priority.

• Mark K. MellisMark K. Mellis commented  · 

How about a Spotlight plugin? Love for Spotlight to index the epub files, and when I click on the "found" item from within Spotlight, have Bookle open up the epub and zoom in on the "found" text.

• Adam EngstAdminAdam Engst (Minor Functionary, Bookle) commented  · 

Yes, we very much want to add searching too. It's a little trickier than it might seem, though, due to the fact that EPUBs are split into chapters, each of which is a different file, and we need to figure out a user interface that works for the current chapter, the current book, and all books. Definitely on the list, though!

Feedback and Knowledge Base